Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 9 - Casting




I got a cast today! :) It was super fun and awesome! ... oh wait did you think I broke a bone? my bad, I went to a health and science camp/thingy put on by Science Timmins at the hospital. We went to the fracture clinic and got to put casts on each other's arms, it was AWESOME! I wonder where you can find the cool plaster bandages used for making casts.... they seem like they would be good for making really strong paper maché objects... We also went to the Medical Imaging department (where I want to work eventually) and saw the x-ray machines, MRI, CAT, nuclear medicine and Fluoroscopy machines as well, that was pretty cool too. We had pizza, went to maturity, the emergency room, and a bunch of other places and we had a couple people speak to us...it was a pretty cool way to spend my Saturday! When my mom picked me up we went to Fabricland :) I haven't been there in forever! and my mum got some blue faux fur (that I showed her) to make a comforter out of for my brother (jealous! and totally not cool mom -.- ) I might get the leftovers and if there's enough I'll make some pillows... you can never have enough pillows ;) By the time I got home I was totally wiped which is why the dinosaur for today is sort-of small... Introducing to the public for the first time ever is............
CAR-CRASH CARL! He gets into so many car crashes that he is just permanently in a cast, or should I say on a cast ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment