Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 8 - "Pass me the Scalpel."


FOR NARNIAAA!!! I really want to learn fencing, it would be soooo cool! a totally useless talent but cool none the less. I could use my fencing/sword fighting skills to defeat dragons and dinosaurs and then get the guy. I just wanted to let you know that the poll on the side is only letting me decide which dinosaur I am making first, obviously the snow sculpture is going to be first (5:1:1:1) unless people start voting like crazy. Today's dinosaur is going to be sent to my Uncle Skip (he just had knee surgery), my mom gave me the idea of a dinosaur doctor standing over the operating table saying "We can rebuild him" from the old show The Six Million Dollar Man. I thought that it was a great idea and after some very imaginative planning in my head I started to work, the only thing that I changed was the operating table - by not including it (currently the card is not completely finished because I might add a speech bubble around the words or something...). I introduced 1 more person to the awesomeness of the show none other than...Cowboy Bebop! Such a freaking awesome show, it's my background and my screensaver ;) I absolutely love it : <3 I got a letter today :) It was from my aunt, she was replying to the one I sent her after Christmas, I know that she agrees it will be a sad day when everyone stops writing letters entirely, they are such a great way of communicating! Imagine:
It a time way back before computers and the internet, and possibly even before telephones! You write a letter to your boyfriend, handwritten on fancy paper, in a little white envelope with a stamp in the corner(and maybe a spritz of perfume and a lipstick kiss mark) and send it off, for weeks you check the mailbox everyday and then suddenly you receive a letter from your lover! You quickly run into the house and grab your cool little mini-sword letter opener and tear open the envelope, only to find a perfectly pressed rose and a letter telling you that he is coming to see you! You look at the date that he is to arrive home.... that day is today! Surprisingly you look up only to see him standing in the doorway holding a box of chocolates and a couple of perfect red roses...
Wouldn't that just be so romantic? I wish things like that still happened rather than people just texting "ilu :)" or "luv u <3" which not surprisingly make me kind of sad. Sometimes I really wish I could time travel... oh well that's what a super huge & awesome imagination is for :D half the time I day dream about what it would be like to live in Victorian era Britain or like the early 1900s or just live in any time period other than this one...
Have an AWESOME day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment