Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 200!!!!

Minion Olivia with the wire frame 
YAAAAY!!!! I'VE MADE IT TO DAY 200! Not that I thought I wouldn't, but it's pretty awesome! This took me quite a while to complete but it was totally worth it! I have NO IDEA what I'm gonna do with it now, maybe this will be my Halloween costume... So how I (and Minion Olivia) constructed it:
First I straightened some coat hangers (about 5 in total maybe more) and then I bent them into the shapes that I wanted! I started with the bottom jaw which is one coathanger bent into a headband shape to go over your head and then an extended slightly skinny jaw, make sure that it can still fit over your head! Next I created a large circle out of one hanger and bent it so that it sat on my shoulders and had points down my back and on my chest and then i attached the two pieces together with shorter pieces of coat hanger. After I bent all those together with the help of Olivia, my minion, and then we set out to create the top half by making a rectangle but only the two long sides and one short end ( the two long ends attached to the headband part. Then we made the nose and head out of 2 coathnangers bent into the same shape and attached to the other sides of the nose. After that we used shorter pieces to keep things spaced like we wanted and then we covered it all in plastic gardening mesh and sewed it on with some yarn and a bent pipe cleaner as a makeshift needle! she went home at 8:30 and I worked on it with some minor breaks in between until 2:30 am. Yeah a long time! I sewed most of it on but it was taking such a long time that i eventually said "screw it!" got the glue gun and then hot glued the shit out of that thing! the next day I started with the paper mache, and it took a long time to get the first layer on! it wouldn't stick, especially on the edges so i stapled all the edges on and then just normally paper mached the rest of it, there were 2 layers of news paper and one layer of white computer paper so it would be easy to paint. Then i mixed a dark green and a light green to create the colour that i wanted and painted the whole thing, then i glued on foam around the neck, and on the inside of the back so it would be comfortable and then duct taped the whole inside of the mouth and most of the nose so that there weren't any loose ends of the paper, to cover the staples, and to make seem more finished on the inside.  then i glued on some teeth that are pretty wonky, but oh well!! I painted on some eyes and nostrils and viola! And now some pictures! Thanks for viewing, and being dedicated! Keep calm and rock on! (and stay classy too!) Love you guys! :) <3

Mom was so happy and eager to help!

Wire and a little bit of mesh
Farther along with the wire part!
Mesh on the neck
Mesh all done! 
Paper mache all dry and all painted! 
All done!









Isaac with the mask on!


No comments:

Post a Comment