Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 150 - The REAL Day 150

So yesterday I made an error, i said that it was day 150 when actually it was day 149 :P I'm really proud of myself because today even though i woke up at 1:30 PM I made myself scrambled eggs and toast for brunch and then biked roughly 20 km in 3 hours, which is pretty good in my opinion because it was sorta leisurely on the trip there (to ski runners) and then i just pushed myself the whole way back because i'm awesome like that! I biked to the slimes and then decided that i wanted to see how far i could go and i continued along on my way along the rotary trails which proved to be very valuable because i had no intention of biking up Rae hill, but I had every intention of biking down it! So i continued on the rotary trails and i came to the part of the forest that had been burnt in the fire and wow, it looked cool, but it was kinda scary since it had been a giant fire that leaped the highway…. yeah i continued on and came to a fork in the path there were 2 ways to go and i chose the one with the gravel, obvious choice as it would be easier to bike on, about 20 meters ahead there was ANOTHER fork in the road one going back towards the way i came, one heading into the forest or i could continue on my way of the path i was on, which i did and then i came to yet another fork in the road but this one conveniently had a little map that i could follow and unfortunately the way that was paved was not the shortest route to ski runners but atleast another 2 km and the trail i picked was only 450 meters from the lodge, so naturally i picked that one…. unfortunately i had no idea how hard it was to bike over loose peat moss… ITS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT SO AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! So I finally walked my bike over that to the gravel parking lot and drank the last of my water D: Oh no! I was gonna continue on but i wanted to be home before/for dinner and I realized that the amount of distance i covered one way would have to be covered going back! So i turned around and went home, and I biked down Rae hill, it was awesome! So yeah, tomorrow I'm definitely going to get up BEFOOOOORE noon! but to do that i will have to go to bed soon, g'night, thanks for viewing! Keep calm and stay classy! oh and this is a dinosaur i made with a huge piece of charred wood while the fire was slightly burning my hand but yeah, i see a dinosaur, do you?


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, sorry about that. sometimes that happens and i have no idea how to fix it, i think it might be a little easier to read now though!

    ReplyDelete