Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 5 - To those who will think of me as a murderer, I am sorry.


I had absolutely no idea what kind of dinosaur I was going to make today. I started one of my other projects that might take a few days after I took my English exam and then I sat here in awed wonder at the world, life itself and the endless possibilities of dinosaurs. So you might be thinking, what's with the title? Well I will tell you. Today I made a dinosaur from a page cut out of a book. Yes, I know it's terrible, as someone who almost worships books I sometimes can't believe that I HOLLOWED OUT ONE (that I gave to my mother). So I used the pages cut from that book (not going to mention the title), and not a completely new book (which is so much better, and it was a used book from a thrift store!). I have seen all sorts of dictionary artwork (google it!) and I decided at I was going to try my hand at it, it actually looks great! This is a portrait of Sir Nigel (a Victorian era bounty hunter from a story I am writing) if he was a dinosaur, maybe I'll draw an actual portrait of him and post it here as well to compare the likenesses. I might still add a mustache to Sir Nigel because as is he kinda reminds me of Watson from Sherlock Holmes at the minute :P

No comments:

Post a Comment