Search This Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 2 - Exams and Dino-nails



Rawr! So today is day two of my 365 day challenge! I woke up this morning and I didn't really know what I was going do... other than babysitting in the afternoon. I decided to work on Robert, the dinosaur that is my volleyball team's recently adopted mascot, he's super cute and will be going on our warm up shirts and rip off pants (I can't wait!). After working on that for a while and finishing him up I looked at my (extremely chipped) nail polish and thought that maybe i would do dinosaur nails! Nail painting is one of my main hobbies, aside from drawing, painting and sleeping and daydreaming. I have over 50 bottles of nail polish and nail pens, all different colours and I want soooo much more :D After about 5 minutes of gathering the nail polish and taking off the old polish I had a plan.
1. Start by drawing your dinosaur shape in the colour of your choice (mine was green)
2. Add the second colour (dark green for me!) onto his chest
3. Colour the tongue (Pink )
4. Use a small brush (safety pin, toothpick or something else small) and paint the back ground colour (blue!)
5. Draw the teeth (white)
6. Outline dinosaur in black, and define arms, add nostrils and eyes (black dots with smaller white dots in corners)
And Voila! You are finished!
I only did the dinosaur on my left thumb with the word "RAWR" written on the other fingers and a heart on the right thumb.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment